The journey to triple protection in type 2 diabetes starts at the kidneys
Invokana offers triple protection in T2DM against renal events, CV events and elevated HbA1c1
Invokana is indicated for the treatment of adults with
insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus as an
adjunct to diet and exercise:
- as monotherapy when metformin is considered inappropriate due to intolerance or contraindications
- in addition to other medicinal products for the treatment of diabetes
For study results with respect to combination of therapies,
effects on glycaemic control, cardiovascular and renal
events, and the populations studied, see sections 4.4, 4.5 and 5.1 of the SmPC.1
Prescribing information can be accessed by clicking the PI links at the bottom of this webpage.
Why Choose Invokana
This section provides useful resources to help you provide optimal care.
For your patients who have been prescribed Invokana for the treatment of insufficiently controlled type 2 diabetes.
In this section you will discover a selection of articles that you will find useful in helping you to optimise the care of your patients.
CV: Cardiovascular; DKD: Diabetic Kidney Disease; HbA1c: Haemoglobin A1c; SGLT2i: Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter 2 inhibitor; SmPC: Summary of Product Characteristics; T2DM: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus; UACR: Urinary Albumin/Creatinine Ratio.
- Invokana Summary of Product Characteristics. Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/8855/smpc and https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/28400#gref [Accessed December 2021].
- Dapagliflozin Summary of Product Characteristics. AstraZeneca. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7607 [Accessed December 2021].
- Ertugliflozin Summary of Product Characteristics. Merck Sharp & Dohme. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/9803 [Accessed December 2021].
- Empagliflozin Summary of Product Characteristics. Boehringer Ingelheim. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5441 [Accessed December 2021].
- Sahasrabudhe V, Terra S, Hickman A, et al. The Effect of Renal Impairment on the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Ertugliflozin in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Clin Pharm. 2017;57(11):1432-1443. doi:10.1002/jcph.955.
- Neal B, et al. Canagliflozin and Cardiovascular and Renal Events in Type 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(7):644–657. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1611925.